We finished the hunt today! The last puzzle was seriously gnarly. We had to ask for some confirmation on the last puzzle but we eventually got it. So we finished every puzzle and every bonus in the game!
I'll get out a full writeup later. But we solved some tricky puzzles, saw some good Boston sights, did a neat hotel room search... it was a great day!
For the trophy we got our choice of the raven or a big golden Statue of Liberty. We liked the raven (pictured) better. Apparently Josh will make it a traveling trophy, Stanley Cup style, with plaques and all.
I'm a little sad it's done. I'm ready for another week! But my feet might disagree, and I'm looking forward to being home with my sweetie and the kitties.
Those are my boys! Congrats West Coast (and one East Coast) puzzlers!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!! That is a wicked awesome looking raven!
ReplyDeleteThat's so Raven. Thanks for sharing the adventure. I'm sad that it is over but sweeps week doesn't last forever, right McCuela? Speaking of, what creative challenges did you accomplish? Who won the caption contest?
ReplyDeleteThat raven is the stuff that (puzzler) dreams are made of.
Delete*applause*
ReplyDeleteI just talked to my bookie. Turns out the final Vegas line on you guys was 1-to-10. I laid down a cool 100k on BBSB for the win. Woo hoo!
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, minus my bookie's 15% commission on the initial bet, I'm out 5 grand. FML.
Finally, the Green Week comes to an end. Congrats guys!
ReplyDeleteI think its funny that you say that you finished, then talk about the trophy. The fact that you won the hunt is never really mentioned. Its as though the actual winning was beneath notice, since it was a foregone conclusion.
ReplyDeleteWell, only one other team played the whole hunt through, and they were a rookie 2-person team (I'm seriously impressed by their fortitude!). So I didn't feel like gloating in our victory. (Not like when Rich&co. beat the Kilts in the first GAR, which was a narrow, hard fought contest between large teams of veteran solvers.)
DeleteWell played indeed fellas!! It was quite a race and a real pleasure getting to meet each of you.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of renaming the hunt the Iron Raven.
For next year, I'm thinking DC to Chicago and I'll gladly take you up on your offer to restructure the rules and get some West Coaster to help design the event, so we can merge the best of both styles for a truly epic hunt.