Friday, August 10, 2012

Travel Day

I'm sitting at SFO now waiting for the plane, can't wait for this to start!  I haven't been to SFO in a while, as I almost always use SJC, and man, have they teched it up here since last I was here.  There are tons of desks with power outlets at every gate and lots of open space.  Pretty cool.

Jonathan took the red-eye last night and is probably in DC exploring now (maybe he'll post about it soon).

Dan and Ana (who'll be traveling with us, but not puzzling with us) are going to be on the same flight with me, but they haven't arrived yet.

Todd of course, is still at home, since the first leg is in his own backyard of DC.

Tonight we'll be hitting the meet and greet to say hi to the Ravenchase staff and some of our opponents.  Tomorrow the race starts at The Lone Sailor.

Can't wait.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh... 2 hour delay. We had to deplane before we left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was talking to an east coaster about your trip this morning and she mentioned that the weather was terrible and there might be delays. Don't worry, you still have a one hour lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SF has the pornoscanners that I hate, which is why I like SJC more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Tell him to please stop stepping over me! He keeps stepping over me! It's really rude." -- actual quote from kids in the row behind me.

    At least the infant two rows back has finally screamed him/herself to sleep, poor kid.

    Not that Rich has to deal with any of this up front ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a little weird not flying to an event, so I went ahead and booked a flight from Reagan National to Dulles with a layover at BWI. Just landed... now to rent a car so I can drive back and get my other car out of the garage. The lady at the booth looked at me like I was crazy, but hell if I'm spending $20 a day on parking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Tell him to please stop stepping over me! He keeps stepping over me! It's really rude." For a second I thought that was a quote from your van.

    ReplyDelete